As it is difficult to handle two people from two different homes coming together to live in one roof as husband and wife in marriage, as culture plays a very great part in influencing relationships and it does influence marriage wrongly.
Many couples with cultural differences are tenses and do not really enjoy their relationship as their thoughts and beliefs are totally and completely different from one another.
Your Relationship Or Culture
Marriage should be a place of peace but with difference in culture a healthy relationship could turn sideways if culture differences stand as a barrier.
Culture barrier has created a torn war in courtship, breaking so many healthy relationships before marriage and destroying marriages because they could not abide by the roles and beliefs being told.
First thing to put in mind for people who are into relationships is that your mindset must correlate with your partners before you can have a peaceful relationship. Here are what could ways to avoid culture barriers in relationship against marriages
1. Immaturity: Exposure and experience is what makes a person mature, not just age. When lovers are both matured, with good exposure combined with life experiences and events, both partners should easily understand that living in a free world without any role related to culture barriers can bring happiness into relationships. How well exposed a person is determines how much you understand and handle issues related to culture.
2. Poor Mindset: Your mindset could be your greatest and worse enemy if it is occupied with negative thoughts. A mind oriented with negative thoughts and beliefs will always be polluted. Being oriented on certain things in your culture does not mean you can not allow other culture related with you, if you keep holding on to your own believe and never let in or learn from other peoples culture you may damage your relationship with primitive mindset also known as fixed mindset, according to the class couple “If the partner could not read the other’s mind, or “just know” what the other person wanted/liked/disliked, then the relationship was doomed!”.
3. Ignorance: People who are ignorant are always scared of the truth because they lack knowledge. Knowledge is power only if you acknowledge it. Without entertaining and embracing other peoples culture you may never learn Which could greatly affect your relationship as you will always fail to accommodate your partners knowledge as well.
4. Illiteracy: Illiteracy is a disease not only for those who aren’t educated alone but for those who are educated but do not apply wisdom to what is known. Most people fail their relationship because they aren’t enlightened enough to understand that it is not everything we take so seriously.
Culture is just a formality to curb immoralities, also a way to create orderliness among people. Making that same culture a barrier in a relationship could complicate issues.
5. Lack of wisdom: It isn’t everything we take so seriously at some point, you need to make peace with yourself, even when you are told something to be a myth or norms. Culture does not say you shouldn’t live a free lifestyle, instead cause more harm to your relationship because you believe in something that you were told to believe by the unknown.
“Applying wisdom is the principal thing, you aren’t in a relationship to please your culture or yourself alone but you and your partner”.
6. Understanding: When you want something, call your partner attention to it and never think you know all or you are always right. Nobody is an island, no one knows all, we are all just trying. Better communication understanding between you and your partner can greatly help relationships.
7. Love: The one very thing that could easily break the relationship barrier is true love. When the love between partners is indubitable, it will be difficult for anything to penetrate in between or break the bound. “When love speaks, culture takes a break”.
8. Agreement: With good understanding in communication, agreement can be made easily between lovers to know how they could fix any form of cultural barriers in a relationship. Take time and have a serious conversation, you may need to disagree to agree but at the end your main objective to break cultural barriers in relationship should be accomplished.
9. Patience: Breaking cultural barriers between two people in a relationship may never come easy but with time and a lot of patience and understanding, lovers could easily phantom a way around to resolve cultural differences.