Shielding Long Distance Relationships:
Love and distance are two things that do not like to get along in every relationship; it is a challenge that most people face especially those who met their lovers on social media platforms. In fact, distance and love in a relationship are just opposites and they most times do not agree.
This is the main reason why relationships fail, but here we shall provide some ways to shield relationships from break up.
I am always so touched when I hear of relationships failing because of long distance, which is also commonly known as long distance relationship. Despite the endless love messages for long distance relationships which many may have taken time to craft and written to their loved ones from time to time, has amounted to nothing but a loss. Here on relationship shield, we will show you why love is no distance match.
Does distance matter in a relationship?
Determining if distance matters in a relationship is based on the partners who are in the relationship, as to their level of understanding, love, trust, faithfulness and more.
Don’t be surprised to know or to see that many relationships out there survived and even ended up in marriage despite both partners being far from each other. Though, some are just fortunate and many are just by grace or luck for their dreams and long term expectations to final come to reality. In some cases, some distance relationship could only survive because it only took weeks or some months before both partners got to meet each other.
However, the major problem of long distance relationship starts when expectations are not met or when things are not coming to reality; I mean when partners decide to meet each other but had to cancel for one reason or the other, here problem starts to surface.
Most people do not love to be in a long distance relationship but somehow many find themselves in it and the reason why long distance relationships fail is because many could not manage their relationships.
To shield and protect a long distance love affair is to do or use the following tricks.
1. Love Strength: The first basic thing to note if a general relationship will survive, be it long distance love affair or close relationship is to determine the strength of a relationship. Many people are just in a relationship with the belief that their partner loves them the same way they do but that is a false thought because most of them who claim to be our partners do not love us the same way we do. Most are just on the material side of the relationship such as being in love with our money and beauty but not the affection and feeling.
If we, in some way lack this knowledge of truth of not knowing the strength of our relationship we should find out now. Why is our partner in love with us? What is the purpose of the relationship? Where is the relationship heading to? Is it true love or lust for material things? These are the things we have to know to determine the strength of our relationship and finally how serious is our partner about our relationship? The truth is that when both partners are serious about their relationship they will find means to see and shield their relationship from breakup despite the long distance.
2. Commitment: How much do we put into our relationship; this is not about monetary value but our all and sacrifice we put to making the relationship live to survive. How do we tend to protect the relationship? Most long distance affair could survive for a while but when expectations are not achieved or met, it is easy for things to fade off. How much sacrifice do you put to make the relationship work? If we truly love our partner, our commitment to the relationship must be strong enough to make things work.
3. Communication: As they saying goes “communication is key to a successful relationship, relationship without communication is dead and bad communication skills in a relationship make such relationship cripple” so for a long distance love affair such relationship needs more of communication to survive. The level of communication gives a relationship hope of survival. Communication is what we feed our relationship to nurture it. So do not fail to communicate with your partner often especially in long distance relationships but still, good communication in a relationship without vibes is a job half done.
4. Relationship Vibes: Vibe! Vibe!! Vibe!!! The truth is that when vibe is missing in a relationship you automatically give it a gap for predators to take over your relationship. Relationships need a lot of vibes because without vibes the relationship will sooner or later get boring and for a long distance love affair, it is more easier to lose focus by letting someone else take over our relationship. Since it is a long distance relationship where we can not get to see our partner often, then we have to make our communication lively and funny, make them feel they are around us while they are not.
5. Faithfulness: Well when we talk about faithfulness, being faithful in a relationship is a broad topic to discuss but we have made it simple to understand if we read on…. Faithfulness to our partner is very key to making a relationship survive and stand to its feet, but we can not really know a faithful partner if we can not find fault in them, but still we must learn to be faithful and trustworthy at all time.
6. Third Part Introduction: Do not make your relationship boring, have fun and make it lively to your own capability and knowledge, do things you have not done before. It is easy to get bored in a relationship especially in a long distance love affair, but doing some funny but important things are also some things that could help a relationship to move on. Do not hesitate to introduce yourself to friends, relatives and family. This gives the relationship a form of hope and confidence, meet them on phone and chat on various social media networks and connect, this will in turn give your love and the relationship a form of confidence and motivation to carry on.
7. Be Best friends: To make a relationship survive and to shield your relationship from breakups is to make your partner your best friend, someone you can share everything with and they should be someone you can share ideas together. Being best of friends is profitable and here is what CravingBiz shares about why it is best to marry your best friend.
8. Memorial: Share memory of the previous time spent together but if you happen not to have seen, then you can share memories of your old chats and talks, this encourages our partner and also hold them back to us because memories speak when we are far away.
9. Share Ideas: Social media platforms could help, do video calls and group chat with your relatives, share ideas and experiences together, teach each other what you do not know and learn new things, let them be filled with positive imaginations about us, let them know what we can do when they get to meet us. This is one way to keep a long distance relationship alive and shielded.
As I have said above; most people do not love to find themselves in a long distance relationship. Long distance love affair hurts most times but when we find ourselves in it we most by all means shield the relationship if we believe our partner loves us. However, if there is something we have not mentioned or you wish to discuss with us, kindly comment below or mail us on our contact us page.
Please follow and like us: